Daily Archives: August 28, 2010

The Kiev Caves Icon of the Dormition of the Theotokos

The Mother of God herself entrusted the Icon of the Dormition to four Byzantine architects, who in 1073 brought the icon to Sts. Anthony and Theodosius of the Caves. Continue reading

Posted in History, Special Icons, The Theotokos | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment